It's time for another installment of “What's on Your Mind?” This week I had the opportunity to sit down with Reggie McNeal, Missional Leadership Specialist at Leadership Network. Reggie finished his third installment in his trilogy on the popular missional movement late last year called “Missional Communities: The Rise of the Post-Congregational Church” and has recently released “A Work of Heart: Understanding How God Shapes Spiritual Leaders.” Please join me as we spend a few moments catching up with Reggie.
1. What big issues or concepts are you currently thinking about or working on?
How do you help cities synergize their best efforts to solve their biggest problems?
2. What book are you reading right now and what are you learning from it?
The Coming Jobs War by Jim Clifton (Chairman, Gallup)–he identifies that cities are going to be the battle ground for avoiding twilight in America.
3. Other than the Bible, what book has been the most foundational for your ministry?
4. Where do you go to explore new ideas? What kind of environments inspire you?
I get most of my ideas from conversations with people who attend a workshop or seminar where I am presenting; I learn a lot more from them than they from me, I'm sure! But after a bunch of interaction, I enjoy quiet plane rides or trips to coffee shops just to noodle and doodle–it's kind of the creative debrief time for me.
5. Just for fun: what’s your favorite coffeehouse beverage?
Speaking of coffeehouses, I like a skinny decaf mocha latte–somehow I feel like I'm getting away with something.
To learn more about Reggie McNeal follow him on Twitter.