All You Need Is Love
What I consider to be a game changer in the heart of our ministry over the last few years. What sticks most in my heart is love.
The church has embraced this community, embraced people.
– God has done a remarkable work within this body. 2010 was a tremendous year.
– In last 7 months, 1000 people have joined the church.
– The heart of it is the church embraced, fell in love with, rededicated ourselves to the community.
– Serving, meeting needs, out of love.
We know what love is, talk about, teach, we pray about it, hug on one another.
– Having transparency in loving roles is paramount
– Love breaks down barriers
– Love draws to people to church
– Then they have an opportunity to hear the gospel
– Church is a safe place
The community is being strengthened.
– The name of the church has gotten out to be good.
– People are talking about us and praying for us.
– The community is taking ownership of the church.
Three things I speak to myself every morning, in the mirror.
I’m going to be a:
– great pastor
– a good husband
– a good father and grandfather
Going to be a leader who is a servant
– This ritual keeps me focused.
– It’s an encouragement, empowerment, rejuvenation.
We want to be a Kingdom partner.
Our love for God’s people.
My personal transparency as leader, pastor.
Committed to strengthening other churches.
1. What does your community think of your church? Do they pray for your church?
2. As a church, how do you share your blessings with other churches?