Project: Unshackled Network
Leader: Arman Shelley
We are a decentralized network of microchurches innovating ways to help those on the margins of Lake County (Illinois) and beyond experience freedom in Jesus.
- Bivo/Covo Business for Mission Models and Expressions
- Digital Engagement and Technology Models and Methods
- Disciple Making and Church Engagement
- Methods and Models for Mobilizing Everyday Missionaries
- Micro Models and Expressions
- Other – Innovative, unique projects that may not fit in an identified category but still fulfill our mission of church multiplication
Big Idea and Overview
As a network, we focus on engaging those called to God and helping them discern the nature of their specific callings as God sends them back out to reach the lost. As Jesus-worshiping communities on mission to the margins, we explore ways that we can develop a presence among the poor and vulnerable in the Round Lake Area. As we sense God calling us to specific ventures we work together to help each believer step out in obedience to that call.
With co-vocational leadership we are reliant on God’s multiplying work for all of our efforts and he has continued to be gracious. Humbly launching in March 2019, we have launched 4 microchurches thus far and help support other kingdom ventures in our local area as well as needful global partners.
Customer / Mission Field Context
We serve the vulnerable and middle class of the Round Lake Area. We have one microchurch that is reaching those in their 60’s and 70’s on fixed incomes, one that reaches the gang-related and at-risk youth, one microcrhurch reaching middle-class justice-minded Jesus seekers looking for ways to engage the church around the intersection of Jesus and justice, and lastly, a microchurch that reaches Hip-hop lovers and uses music to engage men from 13 and older.
Goals and Desired Outcomes
Every marginalized population in Round Lake Area actively missionally engaged by microchurches in our network.
25 Churches/Microchurches launched by 2025 (I wrote this on a napkin after an Exponential event before God sent me out to plant).
Confirmed active Jesus worshiping communities in every neighborhood in Round Lake Area.
• Start 2 new microchurches amidst a pandemic, one of which experienced salvations in its first month of existence.
• Developed partnership with a small church in African as we mentor the pastor and help support their feeding ministry of the children of the school in his slum.
• Led by one of our microchurches, Freedom Fighters, the network came together and participated in their Heart for the Homeless outreach event, we also helped to fund the preparation of helping hand packages for those in need for the event.