WEEK 1 - Your Sexuality—Setting an Example
Before You Get Started
Welcome to session 1 of the course on Leading your Church in a Time of Sexual Questioning. Below you will find a video that you can watch on your own or with your team, followed by your challenge for this session and discussion questions.
You can complete these sessions at your own pace, but we will be sending you the next video and challenge each week.
We hope you benefit from this first session as you explore this crucial and sensitive topic, starting with how you can set an example to others. Before we can minister to others we must face ourselves.
Blessings in Christ,
Video One: Your Sexuality—Setting an Example
This Week's Challenge...
- In prayer, take a good amount of time to ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart about your own sexuality, what you have done, and what’s been done to you.
- Repent of sexual sin that the Spirit brings to mind, whether it was years ago or last week. And receive the forgiveness of the Father in Christ that he extends in his amazing grace.
- Forgive people, who the Spirit brings to mind, that have sinned against you sexually.
- If you think you might have a sexual addiction, talk with a church leader or a counselor to get help. Get into a recovery program.
Discuss With Your Team...
- What questions have you been asked in this arena that have challenged you, provoked you, or stumped you? What questions do you hope this course will help you answer?
- Why do you think this topic is important for your church? For you?
- Why is it important for spiritual leaders to set an example in the area of sexuality for the people in your church?
- Given your leadership role in your church or ministry, to what extent should you be vulnerable, open, about your own sexual past? How could different contexts affect your answer?
Have any questions about this masterclass? Please contact Kate Lincoln on our support team. She’ll be happy to assist!