We have seen God do amazing things The question we are asking on a regular basis: Why?
• Why does God allow us to be a part of this?
• It’s not that there is something special about us.
• What is it that God is doing in this place? We believe it comes down to two things. They’re our game changers.
Honesty – admitting we don’t know what we’re doing. When I saw that stuff, it drove me to my knees. What do you want us to do? We don’t know what to do. The answer was simple but huge. Trust me and expect me to come through.
Expectations. Expect God to be God. Think about what we know about God and the amazing things He does. • Creation, Red Sea, fire from heaven. Imagine on a Sunday morning God showed up like that. (Like Elijah and the prophets of Baal). What would you do? Many of us wouldn’t have any idea what to do. We like it our way. We like it when we’re in control. We’re like the people in Luke 8. Jesus cast out demons into a herd of pigs; then the whole town comes out to see Jesus. They would rather live life with their issues than live life with Jesus in control of their issues.
1. Write down what your expectations of God are.
2. Do you tend to tightly control? What would you do if you realized your planning and control was why God limited His work in your ministry?