Project: OCNWTR Church
Leader: Ryan Delamater
OCNWTR exists to help the marginalized coastal communities of the 108 countries with direct ocean access receive their drinking water from the ocean at a price point of zero with a decentralized desalination system which secures their long term water rights. We install each ocean based system through establishing a new local church revolving mostly around food, the Bible, the Holy Spirit & relationships.
- Bivo/Covo Business for Mission Models and Expressions
- Church Planter Recruiting and Equipping
- Church Planting and Funding Model
- Collaborative Methods for Increased Planting
- Disciple Making and Church Engagement
- Methods and Models for Mobilizing Everyday Missionaries
- Micro Models and Expressions
- Other – Innovative, unique projects that may not fit in an identified category but still fulfill our mission of church multiplication
Big Idea and Overview
We have a water system in El Salvador along with 4 coffee shop churches in California. Each of our coffee shop churches in California take responsibility to go on a trip to install a system and begin a new OCNWTR church. This approach enables us to expand to Argentina, Indonesia, & Bangladesh this year.
Customer / Mission Field Context
Poor marginalized coastal communities with no/poor water access/quality & no local church
Goals and Desired Outcomes
Our Vision in 2021 is to expand from 4 churches in 2 countries to 8 churches in 4 countries and to aggregate daily water data to our website.
We have established 4 coffee shop churches in California and one church in El Salvador. We have been approached multiple times by people near and far to coach them in our co-vocational approach to mission. To see two co-vocational initiatives thriving and reaching a lost and hurting world with the Gospel is my greatest JOY!
Exponential's Future Church Podcast