The Global Connections Leadership Community (GXLC) focuses on breakthrough ideas to increase missional effectiveness on both the going and receiving sides of missions in view of new global realities of mutuality, partnering, cities, business as mission, when helping hurts, etc. This GXLC is NOT ABOUT getting everyone in your church to go on a short-term mission trip. It IS ABOUT increasing the missional effectiveness of your global ministry. We are not looking for incremental improvement or tweaking what you already do; we are looking for innovations that can be diffused throughout the greater missional church. At each of our four gatherings our meeting space becomes (in Steven Johnson’s words) “a dating service for ideas” where we transform ideas to innovations to impact.
The ultimate goal and outcome of this Leadership Community is to accelerate the learning, knowledge and application of innovative approaches to global missions. We serve your vision, goals, and objectives. However, specific outcomes may include the following:
- A significant increase in number of people engaged in global missions
- A significant increase in results per dollar spent
- A significant increase in the number of people served / reached through global missions
- Development of collaborative relationships with innovative church leaders
- Increased growth of those who go—both short-term and long term
- Development of new missional, approaches, and resources that serve the “broader church.”
Although we are in our fourth and final cohort group, look for learning outcomes and insights to be posted on the LN Learnings Blog. This has been a great ride and we are very thankful for the fruit this community has born.
Leadership Community Director, Eric Swanson will team up with friend and co-worker, Brent Dolfo on the next missional leadership community called “New Effective Evangelistic Paradigms Innovation Community (NEPIC). We are currently in the process of interviewing 50-100 leaders who are discovering what's working in effective evangelism. If this is something you may be interested in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.