Leadership Network 2022 Metaverse Church Learning Community
Overview and Goals
Leadership Network, one of the pioneers of the Megachurch and Multisite Church movements in America, is excited to working with pioneering churches, organizations, and corporations that want to see churches embracing the Metaverse as
- a mission field where people need Jesus
- as an ecclesiologically stable environment for a church
- a vehicle for disciplemaking and starting multiplying movements
Leadership Network, in partnership with THECHURCH.DIGITAL and DigitalChurch.Network, is looking for pioneering churches, corporations and individuals who will help shape what the church in the metaverse will look like. We’re looking for innovative organizations that are willing to pioneer in the virtual reality as well as the augmented reality space, developing tools, processes and systems in the metaverse, but also willing to share those tools, processes and systems with other churches in the learning community.
A by-invite only Learning Community of leading practitioners, our goal is to take the learnings from this learning community, and share it with future cohorts. Your church or org is literally paving the way for the future church of the metaverse. Strategically, our goals will be:
- Discover Different Models for Metaverse Church, and Explore their Validity
- Create a Framework to help future churches develop Metaverse Strategies
- Address Metal Health Concerns with Meta Church
Commitment: Attend all 3 gatherings, each of which will begin at 1:00 the first day and end at 5:00 on the second day:
- 1st Gathering: May 24 & 25 in Kansas City, Missouri – METAVERSE AS A MISSION FIELD: Discovering Metaverse Vision
- 2nd Gathering: August 30 & 31 in Houston, Texas – METAVERSE AS AN ECCLESIOLOGICAL CHURCH: Solidifying Metaverse Purpose
- 3rd Gathering: November 15 & 16 in Tampa, Florida – METAVERSE AS MULTIPLICATION: Disciple Making to Multiplying Reproducing Metaverse Churches
May 24 – begin at 1:00 pm
May 25 – end at 5:00 pm
Christ Community Church-Downtown Campus
208 W 19 St, Kansas City, MO 64108
We will gather at a cool venue but Christ Community does not own parking throughout the week. You can pay for parking at various parking garages around the way (Recommended option: lot at Kauffman Center for Performing Arts). You could also stay at one of the close hotels or get to the venue early.
August 30 – begin at 1:00 pm
August 31 – end at 5:00 pm
602 Pruitt Rd
Spring, TX 77380
Church Project is located right off I-45 North and Rayford/Sawdust Road (the
major exit). The main entrance with rows of glass doors should always be
Most recent local media highlighting Church Project: Houston church working to help growing number of Afghan
We recommend staying around Woodlands Waterway/Market Street as
there are stores/restaurants around the hotels. Also listed are hotels just
south of Church Project (Springwoods Village) that are slightly closer to
Church Project (3 miles) but with less direct access to stores/restaurants.
Church Project DISCOUNT RATES for two of the hotels listed (links below).
Residence Inn by Marriott Houston The Woodlands/Market Street
(5 miles/12 min) — 9333 Six Pines Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380
USE THIS LINK FOR THE CP GROUP RATE of $139 (expires Aug 9th)
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands (5 miles/12 min) — 9301 Six Pines Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380
The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center (5 miles/ 10 min) —1601 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380
The Westin at The Woodlands (4.5 miles/12 min) — 2 Waterway Square Place, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Springwoods Village area (slightly south of Church Project)
Residence Inn Houston Springwoods Village (3 miles/7 min) — 22814 Holzwarth Road, Spring, TX 77389
- Rudy’s BBQ – 20806 Interstate 45 N, Spring, TX 77373
- MOD Pizza – 2168 Spring Stuebner Rd Suite 201, Spring, TX 77389
- Pappasito’s Cantina – 15280 I-45 N. at, W Airtex Blvd, Houston, TX 77090
- Herb & Beet – 448 Sawdust Rd, Spring, TX 77380
- Salata – 314 Sawdust Rd #105, Spring, TX 77380
- Chick-fil-A – 720 Sawdust Rd, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- 3B’s Burgers – 466 Rayford Rd #107, Spring, TX 77386
- Wunsche Bros. Cafe & Saloon – 103 Midway St, Spring, TX 77373
- Schilleci’s New Orleans Kitchen – 9595 Six Pines Dr Ste 1120, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant – 9595 Six Pines Dr #700, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Chuy’s (Mexican) – 18035 I-45, Shenandoah, TX 77385
- Buffalo Wild Wings – 19075 I-45 Suite 100, Shenandoah, TX 77385
November 15 – begin at 1:00 p.m.
November 16 – end at 5:00 p.m.
Meeting Location Address:
University Square Mall, 2200 East Fowler Avenue Tampa, FL 33612
**Directions on how to locate meeting space: Enter the main University Mall entrance at Fowler Ave and 22nd St between RaceTrac and 5/3 Bank. Next, turn right followed by a quick left, looking for the S9 green-circular sign (to the left/west of Famous Footwear). Park in this parking lot and look for the private Tampa Underground entrance denoted with dark grey feature wall and white UG sign — picture here.
Tampa International Airport (TPA) services most major airlines and is approximately 25 minutes from the Tampa Underground Network via I-275 and Fowler Ave.
St. Pete/Clearwater International Airport (PIE) services less airlines and is approximately 40 minutes from the Tampa Underground Network via I-275 and Fowler Ave.
Recommended Hotel Options:
The West Wing | 2501 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612
Holiday Inn Suites | 11310 N 30th St, Tampa, FL 33612
Hyatt Place | 11408 N 30th St, Tampa, FL 33612
La Quinta | 3701 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612
Wingate by Wyndham | 3751 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612
I have read and understand the information above and, by completing the information below, I commit
to participate in this learning community. Please complete the information below to secure your spot.