2022 Microchurch Learning Community
Purpose and Goals
Purpose: Leadership Network is convening an invitation-only Learning Community of practitioners and thought leaders to catalyze a return to the microchurch in the West for biblical, cultural, and missiological reasons.
Goals: This invitation-only learning community will gather three times this year to explore these questions:
- What is the overarching narrative of the microchurch movement in the West? Where are we now? What is the next chapter?
- What are the current shared pain points that these microchurch movements are experiencing?
- Where do we see the Spirit birthing solutions to these challenges? How do we apply and scale these solutions?
Cost and Commitment
Cost: The Registration, dinner, and lunch on the second day of each gathering has been funded by a grant from Exponential Ventures. You are responsible for your travel, lodging, transportation and other costs. (Grants may be available to help cover these costs upon request.
Commitment: Attend all 3 gatherings, each of which will begin at 1:00 the first day and end at 5:00 on the second day:
- 1st Gathering: May 24 & 25 in Kansas City, Missouri — Understanding and Assessing the Microchurch Movement in the West
- 2nd Gathering: August 30 & 31 in Houston, Texas — Microchurch Movements and Financial Viability
- 3rd Gathering: November 15 & 16 in Tampa, Florida — Catalyzing Microchurch Movements in the West
May 24 – begin at 1:00 pm
May 25 – end at 5:00 pm
Christ Community Church-Downtown Campus
208 W 19 St, Kansas City, MO 64108
We will gather at a cool venue but Christ Community does not own parking throughout the week. You can pay for parking at various parking garages around the way (Recommended option: lot at Kauffman Center for Performing Arts). You could also stay at one of the close hotels or get to the venue early.
August 30 – begin at 1:00 pm
August 31 – end at 5:00 pm
602 Pruitt Rd
Spring, TX 77380
Church Project is located right off I-45 North and Rayford/Sawdust Road (the
major exit). The main entrance with rows of glass doors should always be
Most recent local media highlighting Church Project: Houston church working to help growing number of Afghan
We recommend staying around Woodlands Waterway/Market Street as
there are stores/restaurants around the hotels. Also listed are hotels just
south of Church Project (Springwoods Village) that are slightly closer to
Church Project (3 miles) but with less direct access to stores/restaurants.
Church Project DISCOUNT RATES for two of the hotels listed (links below).
Residence Inn by Marriott Houston The Woodlands/Market Street
(5 miles/12 min) — 9333 Six Pines Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380
USE THIS LINK FOR THE CP GROUP RATE of $139 (expires Aug 9th)
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands (5 miles/12 min) — 9301 Six Pines Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380
The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center (5 miles/ 10 min) —1601 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380
The Westin at The Woodlands (4.5 miles/12 min) — 2 Waterway Square Place, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Springwoods Village area (slightly south of Church Project)
Residence Inn Houston Springwoods Village (3 miles/7 min) — 22814 Holzwarth Road, Spring, TX 77389
- Rudy’s BBQ – 20806 Interstate 45 N, Spring, TX 77373
- MOD Pizza – 2168 Spring Stuebner Rd Suite 201, Spring, TX 77389
- Pappasito’s Cantina – 15280 I-45 N. at, W Airtex Blvd, Houston, TX 77090
- Herb & Beet – 448 Sawdust Rd, Spring, TX 77380
- Salata – 314 Sawdust Rd #105, Spring, TX 77380
- Chick-fil-A – 720 Sawdust Rd, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- 3B’s Burgers – 466 Rayford Rd #107, Spring, TX 77386
- Wunsche Bros. Cafe & Saloon – 103 Midway St, Spring, TX 77373
- Schilleci’s New Orleans Kitchen – 9595 Six Pines Dr Ste 1120, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant – 9595 Six Pines Dr #700, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Chuy’s (Mexican) – 18035 I-45, Shenandoah, TX 77385
- Buffalo Wild Wings – 19075 I-45 Suite 100, Shenandoah, TX 77385
November 15 – begin at 9:00 a.m.
November 16 – end at 1:00 p.m.
Optional Additional Session with Brian Sanders: 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Meeting Location Address:
University Square Mall, 2200 East Fowler Avenue Tampa, FL 33612
**Directions on how to locate meeting space: Enter the main University Mall entrance at Fowler Ave and 22nd St between RaceTrac and 5/3 Bank. Next, turn right followed by a quick left, looking for the S9 green-circular sign (to the left/west of Famous Footwear). Park in this parking lot and look for the private Tampa Underground entrance denoted with dark grey feature wall and white UG sign — picture here.
Tampa International Airport (TPA) services most major airlines and is approximately 25 minutes from the Tampa Underground Network via I-275 and Fowler Ave.
St. Pete/Clearwater International Airport (PIE) services less airlines and is approximately 40 minutes from the Tampa Underground Network via I-275 and Fowler Ave.
Recommended Hotel Options:
The West Wing | 2501 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612
Holiday Inn Suites | 11310 N 30th St, Tampa, FL 33612
Hyatt Place | 11408 N 30th St, Tampa, FL 33612
La Quinta | 3701 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612
Wingate by Wyndham | 3751 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612
I have read and understand the information above and, by completing the information below, I commit to participate in this learning community. Please complete the information below for the specific people that will be attending from your organization.