These are our top 5 most-viewed videos from the year:
1. A look at a weekend hackathon. For more information on the next Code For The Kingdom hackathon, please visit CodeForTheKingdom.org
2. Warren Bird, research director at Leadership Network, interviews Kevin Penry and Kyle Kutter of Life.Church, America’s largest-attendance church, about many topics including their free tool Church Metrics. In this 30-minute webinar, Kevin shares some of the reasons behind the metrics that Life.Church tracks, and how they use those metrics to make informed ministry decisions.
3. Popular author Reggie McNeal offers insight on his 2015 book release, Kingdom Come: Why We Must Give Up Our Obsession with Fixing the Church and What We Should Do Instead. In this interview, Reggie unpacks the heart of the book. The church clearly plays an important role in God’s plans. It was established by Christ, and he is its Head. But have Christian leaders today put too much emphasis on the church? Have we confused a means of participating in God’s Kingdom with the Kingdom itself?
4. Warren Bird interviews Journey Church pastor Mark Johnston (Newark, DE, www.yourjourney.tv and www.realmarkjohnston.com), who describes the principles behind the leadership team he’s built since planting the church in 2007. They reference the book, Teams that Thrive by Ryan Hartwig and Warren Bird.
5. More churches are pioneering a shift toward community service. Not only are they deploying their own members; they are engaging people outside the church to work in the community. Missional churches are strategically working together with other churches and non-church organizations to transform their cities and communities. Reggie McNeal, Leadership Network’s missional leadership specialist, examines the trends and other developments in these missional churches. In this video, Eric Swanson interviews Reggie McNeal about missional churches while Keith Young scribes.