Leader: Frederic Libert
laliberte.live is a hybrid church that exists so that as many people as possible can get to know Jesus, live free, discover who they are and walk in their destiny.
- Church Planting and Funding Model
- Collaborative Methods for Increased Planting
- Digital Engagement and Technology Models and Methods
- Disciple Making and Church Engagement
- Methods and Models for Mobilizing Everyday Missionaries
Big Idea and Overview
It all started on Instagram. We were living in Montreal, Canada. Our content that encourages young people to walk with Jesus has been growing in following and tens of thousands of people have followed our accounts. We started an online church in the middle of the pandemic that quickly grew to small online groups on 4 continents. Our model is to start small groups and then campuses where groups multiply. We want to plant a lot of churches for young people (young adults and kids). That’s why we left everything in North America to come and live in the heart of Africa in Kinshasa, DR Congo (the city with the most French speakers in the world before Paris – about 17-20 million people) to start the first physical church campus in January 2022. We have just baptized 49 people in Kinshasa but also in other African countries and in Europe (more and more people are joining groups in France). To date we have more than 50 active groups on 4 continents. We have more than 200K followers on Instagram and more than 100K on TikTok.
Customer / Mission Field Context
Our 2 targets that we are currently serving are:
- French-speaking youth around the world through the online church (we see the “online” as the greatest mission field of all time)
- The youth of Kinshasa in a very difficult context where vice, corruption and lack of integrity reign.
Goals and Desired Outcomes
- Use social networks to bring as many people as possible to know Jesus, live free, discover who they are and walk in their destiny.
- Train and send young people on mission to plant churches all over the world.
- Build young Christian leaders who will influence all spheres of society.
- Teach and help youth to live as servant leaders.
- Put youth in motion to serve the most vulnerable in their city.
- We have planted a campus online in May 2021 (Over 2K views per week online)
- We have planted a campus in Kinshasa in January 2022 (attendance of about 250 people)
- Over 50 online and face-to-face prayer groups on 4 continents
- Baptisms around the world (even in Muslim countries such as Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria)
- Humanitarian actions in the city of Kinshasa with the most vulnerable (orphans, hospitalized people, handicapped people, …)
Exponential's Future Church Podcast
Outreach Magazine Article