WEEK 6 - Measure Progress (Critically Important Data and Metrics)
Before You Get Started
Welcome to week six of your Generosity masterclass.
This week, we’ll be talking about how to track improvements and ultimate success for your church in the area of generosity and stewardship.
What should you measure? What should you NOT measure? I think this discussion will provide some real help as you plan out your generosity strategy.
Be sure to work through the discussion questions and homework at the end of this week’s lesson! It will really help to engage and put some of your plans in writing.
Video Six - Measure Progress (Critically Important Data and Metrics)
This Week's Challenge...
- Ask your team to gather the following data?
- An alphabetical list of the top 50 givers to your church (again, if there is a concern about anonymity, simply use donor ID).
- A list of those who gave for the first time in the last 90 days.
- Number Of giving units who made a gift in the last 90 days?
- Number of giving units who made a gift during the same 90 day period last year.
- How easily/quickly were you able to gather this data? Are you satisfied with your data process?
- What quick insights does the data reveal?
Discuss With Your Team...
- What are the key things that get measured in our church? What does that reveal?
- How well do our church measure key giving data? What should we start measuring? Stop measuring?
- Do we have a clear plan to respond to the insights that giving data can provide? Why or why not?
Have any questions about this masterclass? Please contact Kate Lincoln on our support team. She’ll be happy to assist!