More churches are pioneering a shift toward community service. Not only are they deploying their own members; they are engaging people outside the church to work in the community. Missional Churches are strategically working together with other churches and non-church organizations to transform their cities and communities. Reggie McNeal, Leadership Network’s missional leadership specialist, examines the trends and other developments in these missional churches.
Leadership Network’s concept paper, Fast Forwarding Your Church’s Engagement in the Community, previously published by Reggie McNeal and Warren Bird, explores this important topic.
Here are some great findings from the paper:
– More Americans are pursuing spirituality outside of traditional, organized contexts.
– Participation in service is increasing.
– Missional churches are increasingly working in cross-domain collaboration.
– Missional churches are engaging non-believers as part of their labor force.
– Church leaders are gaining a better understanding of community development.
To see the entire library of Leadership Network’s papers, podcasts, and videos go to