The E-2 Network exists to serve disciple makers in the US Army by equipping and encouraging them virtually to make disciples wherever they are sent around the world.
- Digital Engagement and Technology Models and Methods
- Disciple Making and Church Engagement
- Methods and Models for Mobilizing Everyday Missionaries
- Other – Innovative, unique projects that may not fit in an identified category but still fulfill our mission of church multiplication
Big Idea and Overview
The origins of the E-2 Network began in the summer of 2020 with a core group of six families who were all serving on active duty at Fort Campbell, KY. From the summer of 2020 until the fall of 2021, the original group of six families grew into three house churches and four Discovery Bible Studies organically embedded in several Army units throughout Fort Campbell. As our team began learning how to ask God where he was working and praying about how they could join him, we saw the lives of Soldiers and families at Fort Campbell begin to be impacted. We experienced lives being dedicated and re-dedicated to Christ, baptisms, spiritual healing, freedom from demonic oppression, and believers being awakened to their call to live on mission. As members of the team experienced the inevitable disruptions inherent with Army life such as overseas combat deployments, extended training missions, and moves to new duty stations, we continued meeting and equipping virtually over Zoom. We were able to maintain significant spiritual connection and growth through the virtual experiences and resources, despite being geographically isolated while conducting our Army missions around the world.
Customer / Mission Field Context
The E-2 Network provides spiritual continuity, connection, and resources to disciplemakers whose vocation is active-duty service in the Army. Some of our network members are chaplains, but most are “ordinary” disciples with Army jobs such as medicine, aviation maintenance, aircraft pilots, unit commanders, and more. Currently, Network members are serving in 12 active-duty Army units across the globe. We also serve the families of Army disciplemakers, providing them a virtual support structure and resources for living on mission and following the Great Commission. Soldiers and their families are often on the go and geographically isolated. Extended training requirements, overseas deployments, and moving to a new duty station every 2-3 years are not only common occurrences, but guaranteed experiences. Instability is a constant part of Army life. Maintaining relationships that foster encouragement and provide opportunities for growth and equipping of disciplemakers is often very difficult. The E-2 Network firmly believes that relationships of collaboration, encouragement, and equipping among Army disciplemakers need not be limited by physical proximity. The transient nature of Army life provides opportunity for increased interactions and relationships in which disciple making can occur. The Network exists to virtually connect a community of disciple makers across the Army by encouraging, equipping, and collaborating to create sustained connection in the mission of Jesus.
Goals and Desired Outcomes
- Raise up an operations team centered around APEST (complete)
- Create and distribute rapidly deployable and easily utilized Discovery Bible Study booklets (complete)
- Setup a website for the Network to serve as a central repository for resources and training materials (in progress)
- Utilize an online collaboration platform to maximize digital interaction (in progress; currently using the Mighty Networks app, under the Disciples Made account)
Because of the need to maintain operational security for our Network personnel currently serving and deployed, some of the details involving names and specific locations will remain vague. The numbers are accurate.
E-2 Network members have so far followed the Holy Spirit’s leading with the following results:
- 3 house fellowships
- 150 Discovery Bible Study booklets printed and distributed in 5 countries
- Network members actively made disciples in 5 countries (currently down to 3, as 2 members recently returned to the US from deployment)
- 19 Discovery Bible Studies started in 6 countries. Several of these are in their third and fourth generations of leadership. We are seeing consistent growth in these studies moving to the second generation and praise God for allowing us to see the third and even fourth generation of leadership emerge for some of them.
- Network members are currently deployed and/or serving in close proximity to some of the world’s most dangerous regions. They consistently report that the training and support provided by the Network are making an exponentially large impact to their disciple making efforts in regions where ordinary civilians are not able to access.
- Direct interaction with over 40 active-duty Army chaplains. Demonstrated the Discovery Bible Study system, BLESS rhythms, and provided coaching on how to empower “ordinary” disciples to reach their units.
- 12 Army spouses consistently engage with women in the E-2 Network for discipleship.
- Over 120 children and teens from Army families received discipleship training from Network members.
Exponential's Future Church Podcast
Outreach Magazine Article