If your church is approaching the succession of its senior leader, we’d love to help coach you through the process. We’re bringing together a level of expertise for a three-day event that no single church could garner alone. Experts include:
- Dave Travis, CEO of Leadership Network and consultant on many large-church, high-visibility successions.
- William Vanderbloemen, founder and CEO of an executive search firm that specializes in pastors, co-author of Next: Pastoral Succession that Works.
- Warren Bird, Ph.D., one of the foremost researchers of large churches in North America and co-author of Next: Pastoral Succession That Works.
- Lee Powell and Ben Snyder, in-transition pastors of the 9,000-attendance Cedar Creek Church.
- Tom Mullins, recent outgoing pastor of 18,000-attendance Christ Fellowship and author of Passing the Leadership Baton.
- A financial planner, an attorney, and more, all of whom have considerable experience with pastoral succession.
This is not a sit-and-soak event. Rather it’s a team experience tailored to your situation. It walks you through defining success, developing a plan, and determining your next steps. Even better, you get to process these decisions while comparing notes and experiences with teams from other large churches. Here’s a sample of teams already confirmed:
- Connection Pointe Christian Church , attendance 4,300
- Fellowship Bible Church Dallas, attendance 2,000
- , attendance 1,850
- The Crossing, attendance 2,000
- Westminster Chapel, attendance 1,600
- WoodsEdge Community Church, attendance 2,400
Space is limited, so let us know of your interest before we fill. The dates are November 3-5, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ. For more information see www.leadnet.org/succession. To start the process by telling us about your situation, click .
Not yet certain? Watch Cedar Creek’s Lee Powell say why he’ll be there: