Campus Pastor Virtual InnovationLab
The Unique Role of a Campus Pastor
Your role as a Campus Pastor is unlike any other staff position at a church. While no two Campus Pastor job descriptions are identical, there is a shared uniqueness to your role that requires a special set of talents and gifts. As a Campus Pastor, you must maintain a careful balance of horizontal and vertical leadership on an ongoing basis. Each week you have the opportunity to connect with and influence hundreds or even thousands of your members, but often only through brief appearances and carefully worded sound bytes. And while your ministry has a specific context (your site), the results of your work also spill over into a larger pool of Kingdom impact (all locations).
Challenges and Frustrations
The uniqueness of the Campus Pastor role brings with it some distinct challenges. Navigate these challenges well and you will experience growth as an individual, as well as an increase in the impact of your ministry. However, repeated missteps along the way can lead to increased frustration and a lack of results. When factoring in the pace of growth and change found in most multisite churches, having time to just “figure it out” is a luxury you probably don’t posses.
Fortunately, you don’t have to find your way alone
Campus Pastor Virtual InnovationLab: A Unique Opportunity
The Campus Pastor Virtual InnovationLab is a unique opportunity designed specifically for Campus Pastors. Through the three online gatherings, you will have the opportunity to:
- Network with other Campus Pastors
- Connect with and learn from recognized leaders in multisite
- Improve leadership competencies related to your role and the roles of those you lead
- Address challenges and frustrations unique to Campus Pastors
- Develop strategies for casting vision, managing change, and maximizing growth
- And more!
Our peer-centered, collaborative process will expose you to new models and resources, guide you through challenging ‘what if’ scenarios, and accelerate your progress toward the ‘what’s next’ for your ministry!
InnovationLab Dates and Information
The dates for our Campus Pastor Virtual InnovationLab are:
- Virtual Meeting 1 – August 21-22, 2012
- Virtual Meeting 2 – February 13-14, 2013
- Virtual Meeting 3 – August 22-23, 2013
The Lab Process is designed for a maximum of 10 Campus Pastors, all dedicated to change and innovative process thinking. Leadership Network reserves the right to select a participant from each church based on the following criteria:
1. Proven Innovator in church ministry.
2. Open to new ideas and a desire to change.
3. Commitment of one Campus Pastor* for the full process of pre-meeting work, three virtual meetings, and post-meeting follow up.
$1,500. Fee includes resource speakers/materials for the entire year and is by application and invitation only.
/// Next Group Launch Date: TBD
*We are currently accepting one Campus Pastor from individual churches to participate in each Campus Pastor Virtual InnovationLab. If more than one Campus Pastor from the same church would like to be considered, please have each Campus Pastor fill out a separate application.