Dave Ferguson: Yes!
VIDEO Dave Ferguson posted on 4/25/2011 in The Nines
Leaders posses one Word every follower needs. The word is “YES”
Mission requires permission. (Yes)
- Without a “yes,” followers never engage in the mission
- Yes reflex – is the reflex of a movement leader
Wait on asking “how”
- You sow seeds of doubt if you respond with questions of strategy or tactic.
Know your target group, say no to anything else
- A great business strategy
- Not a movement maker.
- Clear set of core values
- Leadership with “yes” reflux to many different kinds of ideas, people, spheres of life
Yes doesn’t mean funding, staff, or featured publicity Yes means it is needed and by using their giftedness with God’s help, it could be accomplished for the good of the Jesus mission. Apply being a permission giving church, of “leading with a yes”. I Peter 2:9 “You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood.” As a priest – you have a parish – a particular people or place God has sent you. We wanted to ordain you. Give our blessing by anointing with oil. A yes reflex Leads a coute de ta against clergy only ministry Powerful enough to start a missional movement
1. What keeps you from naturally having a “yes” reflex?
2. Is there greater risk in saying “yes” or in saying “no”?