To address the increasing need to build a culture of generosity in churches throughout Europe, Leadership Network are partnering with Stewardship (UK), Christians Against Poverty (CAP), and Gateway Church, TX, to facilitate the European Generous Churches Leadership Community.
Is Your Church A Generous Church?
The ultimate goal of the Generous Churches Leadership Community is to accelerate learning and application specific to creating cultures of generosity.
Detailed outcomes include:
- A significant increase in the financial stewardship and generosity of church members across socio-economic domains, including a rise in the average tithe/gift.
- The implementation of innovative models for increasing funding through donor support.
- An increase in available finances for mission initiatives.
- Generation of resources and tools for churches in Europe, resulting in the overall growth of the generosity and stewardship movement.
Accelerate your efforts to develop a “culture of generosity” in your local church through a series of highly specialized, interactive gatherings tailored to your unique situation and enhanced by relationships with fellow pace-setting churches.
Churches will be invited to take part based on the following criteria:
- Churches must be currently engaged in ministries of stewardship and generosity. This should include a part-time or full-time staff person with responsibility/authority to develop this area of the church’s ministry.
- Churches should have an average weekly attendance of at least 500 members
ICF Zurich, Senior Leader Leo Bigger
Bournemouth Community Church, Senior Leader Roger Constantine
HTB Network London, led by Rev. Paul Zaphiriou
KingsGate Community Church, Peterborough, Senior Leader Dave Smith
Nottingham Trent Vineyard, Senior Leaders John & Debbie Wright
Jesus House for All the Nations, London, Senior Leader by Pastor Agu Irukwu
Life Church Bradford, Senior Leaders Steve & Charlotte Gambill
Birmingham Christian Centre, Senior Minister Mark Ryan
C3, Cambridge Community Church, Senior Leader Steve Campbell
Longton Community Church, Senior Leader Ron Farrington
22nd – 24th April 2013
30th September – 2nd October 2013
10th – 12th February 2014
22nd – 24th September 2014
For more information about this Leadership Community, contact Nicola James at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contagious Generosity: Creating a Culture of Giving in Your Church, by Chris Willard and Jim Sheppard (published in August 2012)
- Generosity Becoming a Fundamental Spiritual Discipline for Churches, by Chris Willard
- Creating a Culture of Generosity During an Economic Downturn: What Generous Churches are Learning, by Rick Long