Just last week we released our latest multisite research report titled: “Latest Multisite Trends: How a New Generation of Pastors Is Shifting to Strategies that Reproduce and Multiply.” If you haven’t yet, you can download the free illustrated report at leadnet.org/portable.
In order to give additional background for the report, as well as answer questions about the findings, Dr. Warren Bird, Research Director of Leadership Network, will conduct a 45 minute online briefing covering the new report release. Dr. Bird will be joined by Jeff Beachum, Church Multiplication Specialist for Portable Church, the sponsor for this report.
While some church commentators seem to be obsessed with a narrative of decline among churches, this report highlights the renewal coming among younger generations of leaders.
Among the findings:
- 83% of the pastors under age 40 have a vision to plant or launch a new campus or church.
- Church Planters/Starters and Campus Pastors in their first five years at a church are 2.3 times more likely to have a vision to plant a church as compared to those in the same church for more than 10 years.
- Multisite churches rate themselves 82% likely to launch another church/campus than those that have never done so.
- Half of new congregations are in portable environments such as schools, theaters or other borrowed spaces.
- Those in portable environments grow 12% faster on an annual basis.
- A multisite campus is 2.5 times more likely to have trained future campus pastor or church planter.
These findings, and others embedded in the report, illustrate the various ways churches are envisioning, planning and multiplying leaders and congregations throughout North America. Other parts of the report focus on the dramatic increases in church starting and the explosion of multisite churches.
To register for the free online briefing, click or tap on the button below:
The New Multiplication Movement Online Briefing
March 8, 2018, 2 PM Eastern
The report is the second in a series based on research conducted by Dr. Warren Bird with 1,621 churches and multisite churches in 2017. “This new report shows how younger churches and their leaders are remapping the views of future church leaders. It speaks of the great hope we have at Leadership Network for the church of the future” says Dave Travis, CEO of Leadership Network. Mr. Travis is the co-author of the report with Dr. Bird, longtime research director of Leadership Network.