Posted on 11/30/2012 by Eric Swanson in the Learnings Blog
Leadership Network is pleased to announce the launching of the 4th Global Connections Leadership Community (GXLC) that will convene for the first gathering in Dallas in March of 2013.
The Global Connections Leadership Community (GXLC) focuses on breakthrough ideas to increase missional effectiveness on both the going and receiving sides of missions in view of new global realities of mutuality, partnering, cities, business as mission, when helping hurts, etc. This GXLC is NOT ABOUT getting everyone in your church to go on a short-term mission trip. It IS ABOUT increasing the missional effectiveness of your global ministry. We are not looking for incremental improvement or tweaking what you already do; we are looking for innovations that can be diffused throughout the greater missional church. At each of our four gatherings our meeting space becomes (in Steven Johnson’s words) “a dating service for ideas” where we transform ideas to innovations to impact.
The ultimate goal and outcome of this Leadership Community is to accelerate the learning, knowledge and application of innovative approaches to global missions. We serve your vision, goals, and objectives. However, specific outcomes may include the following:
- A significant increase in number of people engaged in global missions
- A significant increase in results per dollar spent
- A significant increase in the number of people served / reached through global missions
- Development of collaborative relationships with innovative church leaders
- Increased growth of those who go—both short-term and long term
- Development of new missional, approaches, and resources that serve the “broader church.”
The gathering dates for this Leadership Community are:
- March 6-8, 2013
- September 11-13, 2013
- February 26-28, 2014
- September 10-12, 2014
If you find yourself thinking about increasing the effectiveness of your global engagement, contact email@example.com for more information.