During a series of sessions called "content cafes,' Multisite Next Decade churches were given an opportunity to learn about a variety of topics that addressed the challenges and opportunities they face. The fact that leadership development continues to occupy a top position on the greatest challenges for multisite churches was no surprise. To address that challenge we invited Jeff Conley, Director of Organizational Development for Rent-a-Center to share some of the principles of how that organization develops it's people through a servant leadership based process. You can hear Jeff's comments here:
*Please excuse the audio quality*
1. Behavior Performance Review - Created similarly to the 9 Box Leadership and Potential Grid. Focusing on three “What” competencies, three “How” competencies, three “What” metrics and three “How” metrics.
2. Servant Leadership Index - 10 questions that your direct reports answer about your servant leadership.
3. Enterprise Leadership Model - Built on the framework of eight "What" competencies and eight "How" competencies to help the executive team focus on succession.
Join in on the conversation
Please join the conversation by responding to one or all of these questions in the comments.
1. What was a surprise for you in the Rent-a-Center Story?
2. What are the biggest questions your church has regarding multisite leadership development?
3. What is the best working model of leadership development of which you are aware?
Looking for additional resources? To view all the posts in this series, please visit our Multisite Resource page here.
Also, check out these two great books...